Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Honey Sticks

(photo from http://soluckygifts.com)

Have you ever tried a flavored honey stick? If not, you are missing out. Of course honey is yummy but honey sticks are an entirely different (perfectly proportioned and delicately flavored) animal. I always pick up a few at the register as I am paying for my fruit and veggies at Bi-Zi Farms, my local produce market. As of this week, my house is home to a brand new Vitamix blender and so of course I have been needing lots of fresh fruit for my smoothies. At any rate, yesterday I found myself at that very register with jars full of colorful little honey sticks just begging to be bought. What could I do?

At Bi-Zi Farms they come in a dozen or so flavors, mostly of the fruit variety, dyed bright for easy identification. Later that day (like most days) I also found myself at Candy Babel and noticed that they too were carrying honey sticks. Strictly for research and parallel comparison, I picked up a couple. The ones from Candy Babel were flavored Vanilla Chai and Blackberry Blossom. Yum! I have to say my favorite so far is Vanilla Chai––it's a heavenly match to the distinctive sweetness of the honey. It really doesn't get any better than this. Of course be careful not to eat too many in a row or the little bees won't keep up!

This candy makes me think of:

No comments:

Post a Comment