Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Drugstore Candy Roundup

Call me a drugstore cowboy because today we're doing a ROUNDUP! That's right, because let's get real, how often do we really go to fancy candy shops to stock up?

No siree––a little personal research will show you that convenience shops and drugstores sometimes have all the classics you need. I've lived in the Northwest and the Midwest of the U.S. and so I've been exposed to the different "local" flavors of chain drugstores. Today I'm ranking three of those that I've experienced most.

#3: CVS



Coming in at last place is CVS Pharmacy, located throughout the Midwest and East Coast. CVS is a fine place to go for your run-of-the-mill candies like Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, and an assortment of candy bars, but not much more than that. I've found their candy selection to be predictable and terribly boring. They do sell Circus Peanuts though, so I guess I've got to give them credit for that.

#2: Walgreens

Walgreens takes second place in this drugstore roundup with an OK selection of candy and a few surprises here and there. While the Walgreen's candy selection is decidedly inferior to our 1st place drugstore, it does stock more than CVS and I've been pleased to see candies like Lemonheads (surprisingly hard to find nowadays!) in no short supply. Walgreens does a pretty good job with seasonal candy, but overall it's a bit pricier than other chain drugstores so in second place it will stay. 

#1 Bartell Drugs


Wow, I am just now noticing that red seems to be the en vogue color for drugstores these days! At any rate, Bartell Drugs comes in first, and would you expect any less from this Seattle original? As far as specialized drugstore candies go, this place is tops! The great Haribo selection is truly what pushes it over the edge. Can't beat those Fizzy Colas, Blackberries and Raspberries, and Fruity Pasta. See for yourself:




No comments:

Post a Comment