Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Canada Wintergreen



This week I'm all about Canada Wintergreen Mints! Or "candy refreshers", I should say––that's how I think about all my candy after all. Today I'd like to plead the case for these overlooked and under-appreciated cute little mints. They seem to get a bad rap, and I can understand why... they look just like Tums! That plus a Pepto Bismol color and you've got one very unappealing candy on your hands. Although it seems to me that Necco has never worried about market appeal. There are just some Necco people who keep the brand afloat and then of course a spike in business around Valentine's Day.



I have to admit I'm one of those Necco people but I think everyone ought to give Canada Mints a try. The texture is just perfect and I don't think it would throw off even the most ardent candy heart hater––perfectly soft and melt-in-your-mouth-y despite its jawbreaker appearance. Wintergreen is my favorite minty flavor but I've just discovered that there are actually two more flavors of Canada Mints: spearmint and peppermint. I'm just dying to try them!

Word to the wise: These things color your tongue pink like crazy. You make the call if it's worth it!

This candy makes me think of: My future

No comments:

Post a Comment