Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chipurnoi Puntini



I had my first Puntini when I was maybe ten years old and my mom started buying them at Trader Joe's. Hardly bigger than the stick-on earrings I wore at the time and with a texture reminiscent of a jujubes, Puntini are divine! The sweetness is so subtle that it took my ten-year-old self about two handfuls before I realized that I was in love.

Now I'm not one to count calories but Puntini are probably the candy equivalent of water and there aren't any artificial colors either. These teeny Italian cuties come in an assortment of blackberry, strawberry, green apple, orange and lemon.

Chipurnoi makes equally tiny candies in different flavors and forms, including a hard candy you may have seen on sale next to Puntini. I'm not sure if they have since made an appearance at Trader Joe's, but you can buy them online here.

This candy makes me think of:

No comments:

Post a Comment